1 min read
What a solution is
One of the more intriguing concepts to come from my research
September 8, 2023
In the Oxford English Dictionary used by Google, a solution is “a means of solving a problem or dealing with a difficult situation”, but just like their definition for problem, it is too loose.
In Problem Traversal Theory...
A problem is when a sentient entity desires a thing to transition from a current state to a new state against resistance.
A solution is a potential child problem that if cleared will decrease the overall resistance necessary to clear the parent problem.
The key word here is potential.
Solutions are potential desires, and once a specific solution is desired, it becomes a nested problem.
Here’s an example:
- Problem: I want my car to be red.
- Solution 1: I could want to paint my car with red paint.
- Solution 2: I could want to take my car to an Auto Paint Shop.
- Solution 3: I could want to color my car with a red crayon.
- Nested Problem: I want to take my car to an Auto Paint Shop.