2 min read
Wise career quotes and advice
An ever expanding list of helpful career advice that may be novel to you.
- "People don't buy what you do; they buy why you do it and what you do simply proves what you believe." - Simon Sinek
- At the end of an interview, ask, "What would prevent me from getting this job?", then prove them wrong.
- If you have to Google for an answer to a problem for more than 10 minutes, write an article about it once you solve it.
- To go fast, go alone. To go far, go together.
- Learn to understand. Teach to master.
- You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
- The best time to create a portfolio site was when you started your career, the next best time is today.
- A client will become a friend faster than a friend will become a client.
- "People think you need to be inspired to write. No, you write in order to get inspired." - Paul Jarvis
- Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair.
- "An aircraft parts manual details every nut, bolt, and instrument, but the entire manual won't teach you how to fly." - Nella Navets
- "Every problem is an opportunity in disguise." - John Adams
- “Well begun is half done.” - Aristotle
- "Live your life as if all your dreams have come true, and then challenge your reality to catch up." - Dan Lok
- "Change before you have to." - Jack Welsh
- "It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer." - Albert Einstein
- "Build guard rails, not railroads." - Ghage Johnson